Our new website
Look out for our new revamped website at www.edinburgh.gov.uk
We know that many people prefer to find information on Council services or access our services online – backed up by more than 350,000 visits each month.
So we have overhauled our site to make it much more user friendly, intuitive and accessible to all.
What will you see?
- a new look and feel – cleaner and fresher
- more intuitive navigation, enabling users to find information on Council services more easily
- relevant, up to date information
- a more accessible site
- contact details on all web pages
- an improved search facility
- a new structure based on a national government standard – so it should be easier to find information.
But work won’t stop there…
As soon as our new site is live we will move into our next stage of development to make it even better. This will include:
- further improving accessibility
- further search choices
- improved content, target groups – e.g. older, youth etc
- transactional services
- more information
- to ensure as smooth a transition as possible, especially for our regular visitors, we will offer a web helpline service for the first few months. You will be able to find this number on the home page and on the ‘contact us’ page.
We are also keen to get your feedback on what you like and what you don’t like – there will be a form available from the contact us page.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with Alice MacPhie on 0131 529 4462, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org